The Private Sector Federation is a professional organization, dedicated to promote and represent the interests of the Rwandan Business Community. It is the umbrella organization and voice of the private sector.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for the overall management, performance and development of the human resources capital in PSF ensuring the Unit gives comprehensive and administrative support to all departments for effective functioning of the authority
• Ensures that human resource strategies are properly planned to meet performance, ensure staff careers are planned and that intellectual capital of PSF is developed and retained;
• Strategically manage all HR related disciplines through the identification; designing and implementing strategic HR projects;
• Set the overall recruitment framework guiding and supporting all departments in the ‘end to end’ resourcing process across career disciplines and ensure retention of quality staff in PSF;
• Implementing compensation policies and operational processes that ensure employees’ efforts are recognized;
• Conduct wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate;
• Oversees the analysis and maintenance of staff records to ensure a human resources system that meet top management information needs;
• Improving communication with employees;
• Improving overall operational effectiveness of all staff in PSF;
• Implementing training programs that ensure employees are developed in such a manner that the aim set out above are achieved;
• Implements policies and processes that ensure HR plays a proactive leadership role by taking steps to respond quickly to changing circumstances and making adjustments to its role, where necessary;
• Submits regular reports to the Chief Executive Officer containing staff performance indicators, staff plans/forecasts;
• Provides required support to all departments and ensures that comprehensive procedures and processes are designed for PSF and that such processes are adhered to;
Monitor HR trends through the organization and provides information on Key performance indicators to the CEO as appropriate.
II. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualification: A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business administration or related fields.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in Human Resources Management or related discipline from a recognized organization.
Key HR Competencies and skills
• People oriented person;
• Strong leader and mentor;
• Interpersonal communication skills and writing skills;
• Planning Oriented
• In depth knowledge of human resource management and principles;
• Not afraid to make decisions on all areas of responsibility, understanding that they affect the management of PSF.
III. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are invited to apply for the above mentioned position and submit complete applications made of a CV, a motivational letter, notarized copies of diploma/degree, a copy of identity card, and three persons of reference with their phone numbers to the following address:
Attention to: the Private Sector Federation located at Gikondo, not later than Wednesday 30th December 2015 at 2pm.
Preselected candidates will be called for interviews
Done at Kigali, on 1st December 2015
Chief Executive Officer