RECRUITMENT OF A HEAD OF COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING FOR THE PRIVATE SECTOR FEDERATION (PSF)
The Private Sector Federation is a professional organization, dedicated to promote and represent the interests of the Rwandan Business Community. It is the umbrella organization and voice of the private sector.
In order to communicate more and better to all internal and external clients, PSF would like to recruit the Head of Communication and Marketing.
The Head of Communication and Marketing will plan and implement communication programs that effectively describe and promote the Private Sector Federation and its stakeholders to the business community.
He/She is responsible for the response to, and preparation of Communication materials, coordination among communication entities and stakeholders, maintaining and promoting PSF activities and image over electronics sources.
II. Job details
The Head of Communication and Marketing will:
• Create and implement the communication strategy for PSF
• Coordinate PSF with external communication stakeholders
• Produce regular communication documents covering PSF internal events, national and regional issues,
• Maintaining and promoting PSF electronic presence
• Managing Press
• Liaise and negotiate effectively with Communications, PR and Advertisement agencies;
• Coordinate all promotional publications of the federation (Brochures, flyers; newsletters and magazine) notably the PSF Monthly newsletter (Umucuruzi ) and Quarterly magazine publication (Enterprise magazine) related work
• Participate in the designing, developing content, writing, updating, reviewing and editing of PSF Magazine, UMUCURUZI Newsletter, PSF Website and related and or linked WebPages
• Produce ultimately a weekly PSF e-newsletter in Kinyarwanda language, capturing business news happening in all organs of the federation, and the business community;
• Coordinate the media coverage of all PSF organized events and draft related press releases;
• Organising and coordinate media for activities like press conferences, radio or TV Talk shows and press releases;
• Liaise with PSF provincial and district offices on a regular basis to capture business news about federation main activities at the grassroots
• Develop an internal press review services (Screening of information from different medias on the business environment and private sector issues in the country) for distribution among staff;
• Propose a re-branding of the organization in view of the national awareness campaign if and whenever necessary;
• Scoping and evaluating communications opportunities with government departments to maximise harnessing from such opportunities through departmental channels.
• Ensure timely compilation and publication of annually reports
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Perform other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
III. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
A degree in Communication or other related discipline from a recognized University
At least 5 years of work experience with publication or Communication related projects
Must fluently speak English, Kinyarwanda and French
Good computer skills in all Microsoft office programmes,
Have advertising, communication and event management ability
Have effective interpersonal, written, oral presentation and communication skills at all levels in English, French and Kinyarwanda
Have project management and organizational skills
Proven event planning and management skills
IV. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are invited to apply for the above mentioned position and submit complete applications made of a CV, a motivational letter, notarized copies of diploma/degree, a copy of identity card, and three persons of reference with their phone numbers to the following address:
Attention to: the Private Sector Federation located at Gikondo, not later than Friday 27th November 2015 at 3pm.
Preselected candidates will be called for interviews
Done at Kigali, on 16 November 2015
Chief Executive Officer